We proudly present our post-event for our youth to inspire you to walk the talk, making an impact on our local and even global environment: TEDx Countdown Talk Competition!
We are going to hold the final competition on 17 July (Sat) for the secondary school students studying in Hong Kong. The competition consists of the Cantonese and English sessions, respectively for students in F.1 to F.3 and F.4 to F.6.
Interested candidates please fill in the google form on or before 31 May 2021 (Mon). Selected candidates will have the opportunity to join the a workshop on TED-style public speaking techniques. There will be a competition entrance fee of $120 for selected candidates.
Only participants completing one of the following workshops can be eligible to join the Competition where you shall be judged according to the marking criteria below.
40% Presentation Skills
The workshops are going to be conducted in February, tentatively scheduled as below:
- How to make your talk impactful
- Tips on structuring your speech
- How to master the stage
- Mistakes to avoid in TED-style talks
Date: 15 June 2021 (Tue) or 24 June 2021 (Thur)
Date: 17 June 2021 (Thur) or 22 June 2021 (Tue)
Date: 17 Apr 2021 (Sat)
Time: 10:30-12:30 (Cantonese session); 14:00-16:00 (English session);
We respect the original story of participants where they make an impact on our environment. Each participant will receive a certificate of participation upon completion. Eco-friendly prizes would also be awarded to the winners!
Who is eligible for the Competition?
Secondary school students, F.1- F.6 , or those in international schools, who are currently in Hong Kong and able to join our workshops and the Competition in person.
Why should I join the Competition?
TEDxCountdown Talk Competition is a great opportunity for students to voice their opinion towards environmental conservation and protection. Also, our workshop provides invaluable experience for students to equip themselves with various skills, e.g. presentation and organisational skills and climate crisis knowledge.
When and where does the Competition take place?
The final competition will take place at The DO School Asia (North Point) on 5 April 2021 (Mon). Cantonese session will start at 10:30am till 12:30pm; while the English session will start at 2:00pm till 4:00pm.
Do I have to pay to join the Competition?
Yes. The application fee HK$120 includes all the administration fee and workshop fee.
How do I prepare for the Competition?
What is the format of the Competition?
Will there be any Q&A session?
Who are the judges?
What is the judging criteria?
What kind of idea will be qualified for the application?
Terms and Conditions
1. The organiser reserves the right not to accept any application submitted in response to this Competition and the right to interpret, amend, supplement the terms and conditions in the guidelines.
2. The organiser reserves the right to disqualify any applicant/contestant that violates the rules, conditions or spirit of the Competition. In case of any dispute, any decision made by the organiser shall be final and conclusive.
3. The organiser reserves the full right to edit, distribute and relay any of the sound, visual materials and photography collected or recorded by the organiser during the Competition for broadcast, publicity and archival purposes without prior consent of any of the contestants and related parties.
4. The organiser reserves the right to revise the terms and conditions without making any advance announcement.